Congratulations! If you are reading this, you probably now have the courage to start applying for your NCLEX exam and reach your dream of becoming a USRN! Haven’t passed the NLE yet? No problem! Saipan BON accepts foreign applications even without your local nursing license just yet! Not just that, above all the other states, Saipan offers the easiest and fastest way of applying without the hassle of sending off your fingerprint card or applying for your CGFNS credentials! Plus, you can DO IT ON YOUR OWN without needing an agency’s help! How easy it is? Let me break it down for you in three easy steps!
Download the Forms Needed and Head on to their Site
- Read the instructions on the form. You need to fill out the form completely, you can’t leave a space blank. If you don’t have an answer to a specific question, e.g Previous Name(s) then just put N/A or the word Not Applicable. Now if you do have a previous name, please include all the documents that supports all the name changes you had (photocopy only) and be sure that you apply with the same name written on those documents. If possible, have the documents notarized with the affidavit form.
- You need to go to your college’s/dean’s office and ask for the assistance of the secretary to fill out this form for you. Some of the schools are already familiar with these papers, they even have a readily printed form of this one. BUT, just incase you need to fill this up yourself then just have it printed as well. Do not forget to have it signed and sealed by your Dean!
- You do not need to submit this, this document is solely for your own use. Be sure to read it in order to not forget anything important.
Visit their site to view the latest announcements and changes- https://www.nmicbne.com/
Let’s now begin the steps for your application!
Step 1: Fill up the Application Form
- Do not forget to include all the needed documents such as legal name changes, marriage certificates if your last name had been changed.
- Your (2) 2×2 pictures both signed at the bottom front. Attach (1) 2×2 photo at the left bottom corner of your application form and insert the remaining one photo on the envelope.
- A US bank draft, US cashier’s check or US money order made payable to “NMI BON” or “NMI Board of Nursing” They DO NOT accept personal checks anymore so make sure to not pay them using your personal check. In order to get these, please go to a bank near you and ask if they do these kind of checks or head on to the nearest post office and have them filled out the check for you. Just remember that there will be an additional payment at the post office so make sure to withdraw the amount of money needed ($150) convert it into your local currency and pay the post office.
- Put the Application Form and the check to a one long white envelope.
What I did.
- I asked my fiancé to fill up a check for me payable to NMI and I also sent him my application form. He was the one who sent it directly to NMI in a short brown envelope. Again, the envelope he sent contained the application form, affidavit form and the check. This is optional since I know someone from the US, but if not please follow the instructions above.
Step 2: Fill Out the Certification of RLE Form
- Follow the instructions I’ve mentioned under the downloadable RLE form. Request that they also attach your Transcript of Records (TOR) together with your RLE Form. Remember to have the RLE form signed and both papers sealed.
- Put both inside a long white envelope and ask your dean or the secretary to put a dry seal on your envelope and have them signed it (the part where you open the envelope) At the back of the envelope, write this:
Shipper: (Complete Address of your University)
Consignee: NMI Board of Nursing CDA Building, 2nd Floor San Jose, Beach RoadSaipan, MP 96950
What I did:
- I asked someone from my school via call to go to the admissions office and ask for my TOR to be made. It usually takes 1-2 weeks of waiting before you can get the TOR so make sure you have this made AHEAD of time or before you actually go back to your University. I paid 1,200php for my TOR so better have that extra money ready.
- When it was ready, I went back to our University so I could get the TOR myself and head over to our college so I can get my Certificate of RLE form signed and sealed.
- After getting both papers, I inserted both in a one long white envelope.
Step 3: Have Your High School Transcript (Form 137) Ready.
- Aside from your college transcript, you would also need your High school Transcript. Make sure it is the Form 137 that you’re going to avail.
- When its finally done, you can fold the paper and make it fit to one white envelope. ASK THE ADMINISTRATION to put a dry seal on your white envelope and have them signed it (the part where you open the envelope) Do the same thing as what you did with the College transcript, write a shipper and a consignee.
What I Did:
- Since I studied in Saudi Arabia, I had to ask someone to go to my school and ask the administration to send my Form 137 to the address of the NMI BON which is on the site I gave you but I’ll mention it later on.
Step 4: Gather all three white envelopes that you have
- After gathering three white envelopes you have which contains: (1st envelope) Application Form, other legal documents e.g marriage papers, legal name changes and the affidavit notarized plus (2) 2×2 pictures AND THE CHECK. (2nd envelope) RLE Certificate Form and Transcript of Records. (3rd envelope) High School Transcript. PUT ALL THE THREEE WHITE ENVELOPES in one SHORT/LONG BROWN ENVELOPE.
- Label the back of the brown envelope with your name on the upper left corner.
- Head on to LBC (they accept it even if its going to NMI) write your name as the shipper and write this address as a consignee: NMI Board of Nursing CDA Building, 2nd Floor San Jose, Beach Road Saipan, MP 96950.
Step 5: All you have to do is wait!
- Wait for Saipan’s e-mail of confirmation that you can apply for their state. You’ll receive an e-mail that says you are accepted to apply under NMI (Saipan) and that is another process for the Pearson Vue. I’ll make another blog about it next time, I’m sure I’ll be able to do that before they can send an e-mail to you.
- It takes awhile for NMI BON to reply or even answer some queries so make sure you do this right or else it’ll take a toll on you. IMPORTANT: If LBC accepts a one time payment for all three envelopes going to NMI then put them all on different brown envelopes and write the shipper as first document; from you. Second document; from your university’s complete address and Third document; from your High school campus’ complete address. Now, a lot of people did the three white envelopes inserted on one brown envelope and shipped it all together but you might encounter a problem if the person that will review your document is very particular of who “sent it” so if you have some extra cash then just do the separate one’s but either is good.
- Make sure to check the site from time to time for updated fees or phone number. I went to LBC since a lot of couriers won’t accept my documents cause NMI is an island and sometimes “out of the US territory” for other couriers and so they will deny your documents. LBC accepted and delivered mine within 2 weeks without any hassle.
- If you’re gonna ask me about the money needed for all this, let me just tell you to prepare atleast 12,000PHP to proceed (does not include the process with Pearson Vue)
There you have it! If you have any questions, you could always leave a comment or hit me up on my social media accounts! Thanks and I hope this makes it clear for you!
DONE WITH THESE STEPS? Proceed HERE. CLICK ME